[rescue] OT: IRIX 6.5 installation on a Indigo2 R10k Impact

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Jun 30 22:59:46 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:08:23PM -0700, Barry Fujii wrote:
> Yeah, same here, mine basically looked like needle nose pliers with a
> cutting edge at the tip. I recall reading somewhere to remove pin '10' but
> also recall it wasn9t easy to determine which pin that was and the count
> order.

FWIW, on the rare occasions when I've found it necessary to remove a pin
from a connector, I've found the best way to remove them without
damaging adjacent pins is to use a very fine dovetail bit on a Dremel
tool and mill the unwanted pins off at the base.  There's at least one
piece of hardware I've had to work with for which removing one pin from
the cable is the manufacturer's officially recommended in-the-field fix.
(I'm thinking it was 3Com, but I can't remember for sure.)