[rescue] Interesting Ultra 2 fact...

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Jun 28 17:58:25 CDT 2003

--On Saturday, June 28, 2003 6:49 PM -0400 Kurt Mosiejczuk
<kurt at csh.rit.edu> wrote:

> I had been under the impression that I could not use a 250Mhz module
> in an Ultra 2, but this document:
>
> http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/805/805-0936/pdf/805-0936-14.pdf
>
> Mentions setting the CPU speed jumper for 250 and 300Mhz modules...

A system I am a volunteer administrator on is an Ultra 2 Enterprise:
>System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 X
UltraSPARC-II 296MHz)
>System clock frequency: 99 MHz

w/about a gig of memory to support about 5K users (shell server,
but most POP mail rather than log in).

I wish I had one at home with a big honkin' graphics card, but
no cash at the moment.

=Nadine=