[rescue] Take or leave? HP 6000 with disk's if somebody wants it

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Jun 28 01:56:38 CDT 2003

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 12:58  AM, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> Hey
>
> So I stumbled over this dumpster and what appears to be a huge rack
> with
> a HP 6000 series machine on top and attached 5 or 6 disk-packs. All in
> one
> rack. Do Do Do not ask me how they got that into the dumpster cause
> it's freaking
> heavy but if somebody in the Northern Virginia area is interested in
> grabbing
> it. I do not know how much longer it will be there. Seems like it used
> to be owned
> by a satellite provider. Also there was many other stuff in there but
> it was all
> buried by all those heavy racks and stuff.

HP 6000's are disk cabinets for 9000's or 3000's... they are old....
but still useful... It depends on if the drives are trashed or not...

The common drive sizes were 1,2, and 4 GB... 2GB being the most common.

We use them on the oldest HP's at work... there's an H30 that has some,
and a T Class (not nearly as old) that has a few.... and a K410.

Andrew