[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Jun 27 08:59:33 CDT 2003

Eric Dittman <dittman at dittman.net> wrote:
>> I must admit, I'm half expecting x86 boxes to sprout blue LEDs on the
>> windscreen wipers, underlights, and have a spoiler hanging off the back.

> I recently read an article in the local paper that the lights on the
> windshield wipers and under the care are illegal in Texas. I never see the
> ricers get stopped for the violation, though.

It's illegal to have blue lights on vehicles here as well, unless you are
actually an emergency vehicle.

This doesn't seem to have stopped half of Bradford smothering their cars in
blue lights. The coppers aren't interested in enforcement of it, since it's
not profitable, unlike pestering people driving at a sensible speed in an
area with a speed limit set artificially low in order to ensure plenty of
"offenders" to catch.

It'd be rather amusing if they started sending out Fixed Penalty Notices
with photographs of the blue lights. It may even be more profitable than
picking on speeders :)

--
Chat Up, Put Down #8
HE:  I think I could make you very happy.