[rescue] [topic change] Diablo

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jun 26 14:43:16 CDT 2003

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 03:19 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Not that Diablo II doesn't have its faults.  I've repeatedly had things
> like, say specific socket weapons that I spent entire *levels* looking
> for just vanish out of my inventory before I could accumulate the items
> I wanted to embed into them.  And gems and runes just take up too
> damned
> much inventory space, and the mounted jewels are just stupid and mostly
> pointless...

Backup your characters regularly and make pack animal characters... We
just lost everything we gave to a pack animal char recently because of
file permissions on who was starting the game on OS X.... no failure
indication... just the character never changed or updated.

I've also Xeroxed every one of my best characters across platform (GF
and I play on PC and Mac cooperative)... We name the chars silly things
so they aren''t played by accident... copy your originals and strip
them naked and give all to copy... then back up the original hierarchy.

Xeroxena the Copier Princess
Ricoh Suave
and Kyosarah

:-)