[rescue] [topic change] Diablo

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Jun 26 14:19:46 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 09:55:30AM +0200, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:
> Eric Dittman wrote:
> >
> > I have a copy of Diablo (and maybe Diablo II).
> > This discussion sounds like I may be missing
> > some fun.
>
> Oh, Diablo is fun, fun and fun.
> I'd suggest you do install+play Diablo I first, to get around in it how
> it works. When you go in for Diablo II (and later on the expansion -
> Lord Of Destruction), you're in a completely different league and you'd
> be amazed of all the things you find. I know I was stunned and *very*
> thrilled to find all the things I miss from the first Diablo.

Not that Diablo II doesn't have its faults.  I've repeatedly had things
like, say specific socket weapons that I spent entire *levels* looking
for just vanish out of my inventory before I could accumulate the items
I wanted to embed into them.  And gems and runes just take up too damned
much inventory space, and the mounted jewels are just stupid and mostly
pointless...

You know a Diablo II item I'd like to see?  A pouch that takes up one
space of inventory and can hold up to, say, 24 gems or runes, or a
mixture of both, but NOTHING ELSE.  It's ridiculous that four gems small
enough to socket into the hilt of a sword take as much inventory space
as a full helm or a buckler.

<disclaimer>IKIJAG</disclaimer>