[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 11:54:37 CDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:00:42 -0400 (EDT)
vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > GDP on health care, it should be twice as good as the UK ... is it
> > really so ? I don't think so.
>
> But you don't take into account the diminishing returns which are
> prevalent in almost every system.

Nope. There's lots of other factors I'm not considering ...
where diminishing returns become significant, salaries of medical staff,
salaries of admin staff, capital costs, etc. Many of which could make a
significant difference.

Doesn't make a difference though ... all I'm saying is that public
health care systems are not inherently more expensive that private
health care systems. They could be more expensive, but as nobody in
Europe is paying as much as the US (and some far less) it doesn't appear
common.

No I'm not ignoring quality of care, but nobody has come up with
figures to show that the US is significantly better than the UK (or
Europe). It may be better, but I don't believe there's that large a gap.