[rescue] Re: G5 case

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jun 25 13:19:41 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 12:46:02PM -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:
> While not lightning-fast, OpenNMS is reasonably quick.  I always like to
> point at OpenNMS as a decent Java application.  It's not some stupid
> little applet, it's reasonably large (lines of code), gets the job done,
> and doesn't use Java for windowing work (all the UI is done through a
> web browser).

Lets see.  Dual p3-500.  512M RAM.  OpenNMS brought the box to its *knees*.

I got rid of OpenNMS, and now the machine does:

- MRTG (w/RRDtool) for over 250 switch ports
- Nagios (v1.1) for system/service monitoring
- Power line quality monitoring (using NUT)
- Datacenter machine room environmental monitoring (with a WeatherDuck)

I'd have it doing more, but I ran out of serial ports.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net