[rescue] Re: G5 case

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Wed Jun 25 11:46:02 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire [mcguire at neurotica.com] wrote:

>   I think you mean "the big drawback of being a *bad programmer*".

Amen.

>   Sometimes I think I'm the only person on earth that's seen
> lightning-fast Java applications.

While not lightning-fast, OpenNMS is reasonably quick.  I always like to
point at OpenNMS as a decent Java application.  It's not some stupid
little applet, it's reasonably large (lines of code), gets the job done,
and doesn't use Java for windowing work (all the UI is done through a
web browser).

So, I haven't seen a lightning-fast Java app, but I have seen a well
done Java app.

Mike
--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak