[rescue] Re: G5 case

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 05:21:13 CDT 2003

Frank Van Damme  <frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 June 2003 11:19, Peter Corlett wrote:
[...]
> I don't see what's so nasty and crufty about gnome or kde that isn't nasty
> and crufty about Mozilla?

Mozilla doesn't take over the whole display and spawn a load of pointless
daemons listening on the network going "come and help yourself" to all the
crackers out there, for a start.

I'm not overly happy about Mozilla's bloat, but it's a massive improvement
over Netscape 4.7x that I was using previously, and it's not otherwise awful
enough for me to go and look for another browser.

[...]
> apt-get -b source is your friend...

Yes, that's pretty much how I do it. Sometimes it requires some development
tool out of unstable that needs similar treatment, and so on. But they can
usually all be made to work if you try hard enough.

[...]
> Not speaking about disk space needed during the build.

*nods*

Massive builds is the only thing that tends to be bad news for my diskspace.
It's partly why my machine has gained a cheap and nasty 120GB IDE disk.

--
Did you know? #11
Butterflies taste with their feet.