[rescue] G5 case

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 03:39:21 CDT 2003

flinters <flinters at picarefy.com> wrote:
[...]
> I don't get it. You'd be against having a *nix based OS with the OSX
> interface on a PC?

I'd love that, but that's because I'm a tightwad and I've got a big pile of
x86 machines of various vintages in my house already. Plus there's no space
left for any more computers.

> Personaly I'd love to put that onto a 1.4Ghz PC or similar. Am I missing
> the point?

Yes. You wouldn't buy a Mac, which is how Apple make their money. Joe Public
is unlikely to buy OSX/x86 either, especially if they know a few warez sites
and have a CD writer.

--
Australia FAQ #4
Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Australia? (Sweden)