[rescue] Apple WWDC Summary

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Tue Jun 24 16:46:36 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 02:47:27PM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> --- Nathaniel Grady <nate at grady.is-a-geek.com> wrote:
>
> > ps: No, SUN and Apple don't fit together at all in my mind.
>
> OK, opinions differ - maybe if they just stole a few key people from
> Apple...

They got Bud Tribble from NeXT and Jonathan Schwartz, now the VP for
Software Development at Sun, used to run Lighthouse Design, which made
a series of pretty decent NeXT applications.  Also Patrick Naughton,
who was on the original Oak team.

However, I have come to the conlusion that while Sun can make good
OSes, languages, libraries, and CPUs, they are hopeless when it comes
to end user apps.  Try, just TRY, using their java-based SMC.

--Patrick