[rescue] G5 case

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jun 24 13:42:11 CDT 2003

flinters <flinters at picarefy.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 12:35 PM, flinters wrote:
> > > I'm much more excited about the OS X:PC project where they are busy
> > > porting OS X to the PC as a real product.  That has real potential.
> >
> >    Yeah, the potential to destroy any possibility for GOOD mainstream
> > low-end computer hardware.  I hope they buy a clue and put a bullet in
> > that project before it goes too far.
>

> I don't get it.  You'd be against having a *nix based OS with the OSX
> interface on a PC?  Personaly I'd love to put that onto a 1.4Ghz PC or
> similar.  Am I missing the point?

Nope.  That's his point actually.  People would *love* to get OS X on a PC.
If that happens, how many people would opt for that rather than pay a
slightly higher price for Apple's hardware?  The combo of OS, software, and
hardware are what make Apple what it is - remove the hardware and you've got
another BeOS.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."