[rescue] Stupid Solaris Net Install Problem

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jun 23 20:32:21 CDT 2003

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> I mainly wanted to use 9 because so many have said how much zippier
> it is.  I'm going to try doing music from the LX, and I need as
> much ZIP as I can get from it to do so =)

FYI, I tried with a dual SM71 Sparc 20 just now.  It didn't have
any of the "ARP/RARP" timeout weirdness, but although it loads
the bootloader and then (presumably) the kernel quickly, it
gives a "Divide by Zero" at the same spot and dies.

*sigh*

I guess I'll try my spare Ultra 1... I can't find anything
with sunsolve's search function (which seems pretty useless
to me).  If even the U1 doesn't work, I'll try reinstalling
the install server.  If that still doesn't work, I'm gonna
be pissed.  How could a problem like that NOT have a patch
already?

--Kurt