[rescue] Stupid Solaris Net Install Problem

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sat Jun 21 15:08:54 CDT 2003

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> --- Kurt Mosiejczuk <kurt at csh.rit.edu> wrote:
> > And to keep with only myself responding to my thread... =)
> > I tried having it install Solaris 7 instead of 9 and that
> > works... so something with my Solaris 9 install server
> > setup is borked...

> Are you sure your install server is serving up the install image for
> the platform you are trying to install on?

Well, the add_install_client I gave "noisebox sun4m" and the LX
IS sun4m.  And it is getting the Sol9 boot directory... I'm not
sure how else to verify...

> Just a thought, esp. since another rev of the OS installs fine
> (eliminating hardware "funkieness").

Yeah... I'm glad I thought of trying 7...

> You could, I suppose, try installing Solaris 7, then upgrading to
> Solaris 9 (since Solaris 9 is your goal.).

That is a thought...  although I'd prefer it to just work =)

I mainly wanted to use 9 because so many have said how much zippier
it is.  I'm going to try doing music from the LX, and I need as
much ZIP as I can get from it to do so =)

--Kurt