[rescue] Rescued IPC -> SS5-85 critter

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Jun 23 13:47:58 CDT 2003

I picked up a pair of IPCs this weekend, one of which has been upgraded to
a MicroSPARC II 85mhz cpu (I'm guessing Cycle 5-IP board). Alas, it seems
to have AUI ethernet and mini-DIN serial.

Anyone know offhand if the db25 that is in the "frame buffer" space on the
back is parallel, or serial? I don't think they'd have been generous
enough to do mini-DIN and db serial, but I do think the guy included a
suitable mini-DIN to null modem cable (if I can remember where I stuffed
it in the car).

Also, looks like it can take 224MB with 8x4MB 30pin and 6x32MB 72pin, all
true parity? Any noteworthy performance issues with mixing them?

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com