[rescue] Hackers

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Jun 23 02:52:06 CDT 2003

Charles Shannon Hendrix  <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 09:25:38PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> Matrix Regurgitated, anybody? I suppose nmap appealed to the slashdot
>> crowd though.
> Regurgitated... that's pretty funny.

Fairly popular name in certain circles.

>> Sneakers: The people from Hackers after they've settled down and had kids.
> This was truly bad, but fun to watch anyway.
> Why was that cray encased in plexiglass?

I don't remember that - it's been a while since I watched it.

I'd have thought an x86 would have been more appropriate, just so it
couldn't cause anybody any harm in that state ;)

>> War Games: War dialling with an acoustic coupler? Hello?
> What's wrong with that? I'm fairly certain the modems I used in 1989 to
> dial cash registers from a DG minicomputer were all equipped with acoustic
> couplers.

I'm not saying that you didn't use acoustic couplers, merely that you can't
ward dial with one. I mean, how does an acoustic coupler hang up after a
call and then pick up to dial the next one?

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key