[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sun Jun 22 15:52:39 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 01:25:58PM -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> > Trying to compare a wrung-out old system with pathetic service vs. a
> > far more robust and faster service system is also weak thinking.
>
> Hum, for a wrung-out old system them European pinko commies managed to do
> pretty good, let see:
>
> >From the July 26th,2000 issue of the AMA (American Medical Association)
> Journal, and I quote: "..in a comparison of 13 countries based on 16
> health indicators, the U.S. ranked on average 12th. The countries included

Here are my indicators:

when rich people get sick, they come to the USA to get treatment.
They don't go to Japan or Sweden.

when you want a CAT scan, you get one right away.  You don't have to
wait for 4 months or more to check on that possible aneurysm or
cancer, like you do in Canada.

when your soldiers come back from a war in Iraq, they don't have to
join a waiting list to receive treatment for their injuries like they
do in the UK.

> U.S., and Germany. Of the 13 countries compared, only Germany ranked lower
> overall than the U.S.

Explain why this is then?

> But please do not let figures and facts get in the way.... As a
> transplanted Euro who has experienced both systems I get really tired of
> some people trashing our socialized ways when they have not experienced

I grew up in Canada and MUCH prefer pretty much everything about the
USA, including the *FREEDOM* to choose my own health care plan.

Cordially

Patrick