[rescue] Hackers

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Sat Jun 21 19:57:07 CDT 2003

> Sneakers: The people from Hackers after they've settled down and had kids.

No dude, hackers was a POS, sneakers was relatively reasonable. Plus they
had a cray as a bench, you can not beat THAT.

> War Games: War dialling with an acoustic coupler? Hello?

Oh, come on it was the 80's for crying out loud, it was a damn
entertaining movie. So what if infinite loops made computers blow up, at
least it was good entertainment. But the 8080 with the blinken lights and
switches, and the 8inch floppy. You can not beat that...

Please don't be dissin' those two movies! Those were some of the motion
pictures that made me go into computers. So what if TRON had a POS script,
it is still one of the movies I enjoy watching as a geek. Hackers was just
bad in every single front, not even Angelina's "front" could change
that...