[rescue] Stupid Solaris Net Install Problem

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sat Jun 21 02:04:31 CDT 2003

*sigh*

Having problems getting an LX to install Solaris 9 from my
install server...

The first seems to be just an annoyance... it takes from
5 to 8 "ARP/RARP Timeout"s for the machine to get it's
IP to start the TFTP boot.  Same thing happened with a
Sparc 20 I was installing Solaris 7 onto from the same
install server.  It works, eventually.  Both systems
are on a Cisco 1924 switch, if that means anything.

The real problem is that the LX gets it's address, downloads
the boot program and does "Getting IP Address for 8:0:20:4:d1:f5"
for a while (a couple minutes) and gives a "Divide By Zero"
and drops to the "ok " prompt.

Have I done something wrong in setting it up?  I used
"add_install_client noisebox sun4m" after putting
noisebox in /etc/hosts and /etc/ethers...

It's rather frustrating.  *sigh*

--Kurt