[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Jun 20 19:45:19 CDT 2003

>From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>

>>>   ...along with half the customer base.
>>
>> just like yahoo, right ? :-)
>
>   Yahoo != eBay.

I was referring to yahoo losing customer base for it's auctions possibly
being because of antisniping changes.... of which if eBay did the comment
was they would lose half of their customer base...

Yahoo !!!!==== eBay.  Yahoo/32767 != eBay  sqrt(Yahoo) != eBay...

I might not like eBay's fees and some of their policies, but they are
the best game going... and they have the buyers and sellers.  Unseating
their dominance would take a lot of time, talent, and money.

Yahoo couldn't do it... then they changed their policies, fees, system, etc
and made sure they could NEVER do it.

-- Curt