[rescue] 1600SW and refresh rates

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Jun 20 13:57:52 CDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 03:13:08AM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> > Feh.  FVWM is for the weak.  twm all the way =)

> Wimp.  What's the matter, you couldn't write your own?  :)

No, I couldn't =)  For insane minimalism, try wmx.  I had a
friend using it for a while.  He talked about the "magic
configuration symlink".  They embedded the configuration
in a symlink, because reading a symlink is one system
call whereas opening, reading and closing a file is 3 =)

> > And yes, I DO still use twm.

> Me too, though I like its cousins vtwm and ctwm. ctwm is crash happy on
> my system though. Not sure what's up with that.

I used tvtwm for quite a while and loved it.  Nowadays I don't
do as much with virtual desktops...

--Kurt