[rescue] 1600SW and refresh rates

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 09:58:17 CDT 2003

--- Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:

> Ooh!  You can bet a 1600x1200 screen on a laptop now?  Cool.  :)  One
> of the reasons I've never had much use for laptops, besides their
cost

My 1600x1200 Dell Inspiron 8100 (PIII, 1 Ghz ;) is a wonderous thing,
as is the 15" Ti PowerBook screen. Honestly, for casual use, 1024x768
on a big panel (say, 14.1") is fine for me in most cases, but I tend to
single-thread/single task my computer use...

With a 14.1" 1024x768 display on a different laptop I can get nice full
page displays in WP software, plenty of columns in spreadsheets, etc.
for my "trivial" needs (I honestly don't stress my hardware with my
applications).

=====
Lionel