[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jun 20 13:37:37 CDT 2003

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 02:27 PM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
>>   Ok, got a spare 1000E kicking around? ;)
>
> Nope... I have one... but it is mine... all mine :-) ....
>
> I don't currently see any on ePay either....
>
> But I do see them there.... (it is where I bought mine).

   I think Mike Schiller has a few of them...Mike? ;)

   I had a 1000 (non-E) a long time ago, but I sold it (it was back when
they were still worth some money).  It only had two procs.  I never had
a chance to do much with it.  The 1000 and 2000 machines (are they the
only Sun4d machines?  I think they are) are basically unknowns to me.
I'd love to learn more about them at some point.  I *will* eventually
own an SC2000, but I wouldn't be able to afford to ship the one that's
on eBay right now...bad timing with my finances at the moment.

> I wonder if a 1000 can be converted to a 1000E by changing the control
> board from a 40mhz board to a 50mhz board ?

   I have no idea. :-/

       -Dave