[rescue] A bit of Fun

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jun 19 22:41:00 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 07:58:26PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> > I have two of them which get really hot, and I've not seen a good
> > solution for it which doesn't involve case modifications like
> > blow-holes, which prevent stacking.
>
> What about a smallish fan mounted near the back?  Just remove the
> blanks where the SBus slots are.  I don't have a machine in front of
> me though for reference.

That really won't do much, plus you'll likely make things worse.

A fan in the back will interrupt the right->left airflow the case is
designed for.  You'll be sucking intake air out the back of the case
before it has been able to pass over the hot stuff.

The only viable solution is more input or more output the way its
designed to move air.