[rescue] A bit of Fun

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Thu Jun 19 01:31:51 CDT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> mmm... what is wrong with the location of the memory slots ????

As a poor SOB that had to take memory in and out of a 20, I can tell you:
ALOT. For starters the fulcrums used to pry the simms lose are so darn
close to the wall of the machine that it is impossible to anyone with
normal fingers to exert pressure withough getting blisters (I have got
actual blisters from putting SIMMs in and out of a 20). The the VISM which
is so long that it is a pain in the nect to exert the necessary torque
until it comes off. And then it is so damn close to the MBUS....

This is because I have like 10 20s in my garage and I had to spend a whole
afternoon doing inventory to see which parts worked and which didn't and
let me tell you my fingers still hurt!!!!

Oh, and I hated those parallel tandem sbus slots :)

OTher than that the machine is fine I guess.....