[rescue] A bit of Fun

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Jun 19 00:57:47 CDT 2003

mmm... what is wrong with the location of the memory slots ????

Only gripe I've evered had about the 20 is lack of adequate cooling....
try to run a bunch of hot stuff inside, and it works, but I've never
run them that way as heat kills... so I hate heat....

I setup a quad 125MHZ Hypersparc SS20 once... I would only run it
with a 3 115V fan array that was between 1.5 and 2 times the height
of an SS20 increasing the airflow through the unit.... otherwise the
HS processors would get hot enough to burn you easily if you touched
the heatsinks....  IMHO that can't be good....

Also, that little fan they put in to try to remove the dead spot in
cooling air flow for the drives never really inspired confidence in me...

But overall I like the 20... I just don't think they are great for stuffing
lots of hot parts in...

-- Curt