[rescue] Re: Hey, how did I get left off??

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Jun 18 15:11:19 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:41:59AM -0400, Earl D. Baugh Jr. wrote:
> Phil,
>         I don't mean to be a pain, but how did I get left off??...I sent a
> mail to the
> list (the original mail to the address listed in the post bounced, so I
> sent it to the list...)
> See: http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue/2003-June/075959.html

Hmmm....

I've just checked my mail logs, and it looks like your message came in
while I was tweaking my mailserver configuration, which appears to be
what caused the bounce.  Your original message actually appears to have
come in between Michael and Kurt, while your post to the list (which was
probably nailed by the same issue) would probably have come in between
Kurt ant mattias.  Close as I can tell, you should have been either #9
or #10 on the list.

> I don't want to be a bastard and bounce someone from the list, but can I at
> least
> get on the waiting list?  (sigh, this is like the 3rd offer/deal I've
> missed out on recently...
> I've had no luck, but such is life...)

I'll certainly be glad to put you on the contingency list (I'm not sure
waiting list is the right word).  Since you sent your original request
in plenty of time to get into the first 11 (your message hit the SMTP
port at 16:01:32, while Larry squeaked into the #11 slot at 17:32:46),
I'm going to make the judgement call and insert you in the list at slot
12, which means the first cancellation is yours.  I think that's the
fairest way to handle this at this point.

That means the list now looks like this:

1.   Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
2.   Jonathan C. Patschke <jp at celestrion.net>
3.   Eric Dittman <dittman at dittman.net>
4.   William Barnett-Lewis <wlewis at mailbag.com>