[rescue] Re: Perverse Question

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Jun 17 17:55:03 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 03:28:28PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> What really sucks is that some of them have been for as little as 2
> weeks to 2 months.  If I have to get a hotel for that time period, I
> will barely take anything home with me at all.

I hear you.  I know people in that boat.

In my case, short-term consulting Just Doesn't Work because after my
accident in 1999, no insurance company will write a private health
insurance policy that covers me (even as a dependent).  So, if I make
enough money even *before* any hotel costs etc. to lose my Medicaid
coverage, and it doesn't come with group medical coverage, I'm screwed.