[rescue] Re: Perverse Question

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Tue Jun 17 12:37:31 CDT 2003

 Phil Stracchino writes ...

> I have no philosophical objection to the midwest.  And none of us are
> really doing well in North Carolina's humidity ...

Heh, true story ...

Back when I was trying to be a bicycle racer, I used to ride with this very
strong rider named Anderson.  We generally rode with one or two other guys,
Wylder and Arnold.  Anderson was the strongest of the lot, and we let him
tow the pace line a lot, the rest of use hanging in his slipstream so we
could keep up.

So, one day we are pounding down some road north of Atlanta, Anderson in the
lead, and the rest of us about to puke our bars trying to keep up.  Finally,
Arnold takes a deep breath and yells ...

"Andy!  I can't stand this pace!"

"You wanna go faster or slower," Anderson replied.

So ... if you aren't "really doing well in North Carolina's humidity," do
you want more or less?  Columbus, Ohio, where my employer is, probably
doesn't have any less....

-Shel