[rescue] Perverse Question

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Mon Jun 16 21:02:37 CDT 2003

--On Sunday, June 15, 2003 3:45 PM -0400 "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr."
<rescue at hawkmountain.net> wrote:

> Some people are of weak constitution....

A friend of mine says there are people who can handle usenet, and
those who can't, and stick to mailing lists (she actually made this
statement in reference to the difference b/w alt.poly and the poly
community mailing lists--and also theorizes that it has to do with
personality type).

I have to say, and I mean it as a complement, that I think of rescue
more as a USENET-type gig, without the spam of USENET these days.

> Anyone who has been on the list for even a week, should be able to tell
> that there are people here who dish it out, but most of the time it is
> more fooling than anything.....

Heh.  Dave roasted me a good one on like my second post.  Now we have
crazy jokes in email.

Some people just can't take a intellectually challenging (not in the sense
of the information is challenging, but in the sense of people will challenge
the assumptions and opinions of others) environment.

=Nadine=