[rescue] 1600SW and refresh rates

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jun 16 20:53:25 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 11:53, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
> On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 01:52 AM, Kevin wrote:
> > A refresh rate of 60Hz pretty much sucks on a CRT.  Does the
> > same apply with flat screens?
>
> Does not matter at flat screens. They dont flicker like a CRT so
> you got a steady picture.

Yes, but don't forget to mention the flipside of the coin.  MOST LCD's
have a significant pixel latency.  I have no idea what the 1600sw is
like, but Hitachi is the only LCD monitor manufacturer that i know of
that has what i would consider a decent pixel latency.  This won't
matter much if all you're doing is terminal sessions, email, web, etc.
But watch some full motion video on an older LCD and you'll see all
sorts of motion blur because the picture is changing faster than the lcd
can change the color of it's pixels.

	-Dan Sikorski