[rescue] Re: Perverse Question

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Mon Jun 16 12:30:51 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 07:24:57PM +0200, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> On Monday 16 June 2003 18:18, Earl D. Baugh Jr. wrote:
> > My rule has always been the best computer is the one that
> > does the most damage when you throw it....
>
> Or: "never thrust a computer you can't throw out of a window" :-)

Err, by that do you mean a computer you can throw out the window without
damaging it, or a computer that you are capable of throwing out the
window.  I don't trust the PC that have me on at work, but I'm capable
of lifting it out of the window and throwing.  On the other hand, my Sun
3/160 might survive such a stunt, but I'm not capable of throwing it out
the window by myself.  An IBM S/390 should certain be trustworthy, but
it would have to be a team of the worlds strongest men, and a huge
window for one to throw it out the window.