[rescue] Spam (was: Perverse Question)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jun 16 00:52:03 CDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 04:38:26PM -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> > However, its not cool that it costs so much and will therefore add to
> > the cost the consumer pays.
>
> Well no one is forcing you to buy that car.

No, but I *AM* forced to buy one where ads have bumped the price up.
That's true of most products these days.

> Actually the cost of that commercial is a drop in the bucket when
> compared to the actual cost of developing a mass produced car.

Yeah, a great big drop.  You should look up some reports on itemized
overhead for some products and see just how big the ad budget is
percentage wise.  It's quite significant.

I know a car cost a lot to produce, but a huge amount of the cost is
executive overhead, ads, and various forms of BS.

Another big cost: dozens of different models instead of a few really
good and well debugged ones.