[rescue] Perverse Question

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Sun Jun 15 16:10:03 CDT 2003

On Sunday 15 June 2003 22:23, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> Yes and I might add the last MS OS to have no product (de)activation
> technology built-in, but still compatible with .NET stuff (if you'd
> ever want it...blech)... i.e. it's extremely flexible and makes none of
> their newer stuff compelling... good job MS...
>
> hehhehe
>
> I still use it primarily for training (certs) and games.  It just
> doesn't exude good karma otherwise.

Well, .NET sounds to me as the first non-braindead MS technology. There may be
a lot of application development frameworks, but if .net lives up to the
claims of language independence (doubtful) or platform independence (MS -
also doubtful) it might actually be neat.

Otoh, I recently read in Linux Magazine (nl) a letter from a reader who said
python allready offers everything .net has. True or not, I can't tell...

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be