[rescue] Perverse Question

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun Jun 15 15:42:57 CDT 2003

On 2003.06.15 18:46 Frank Van Damme wrote:

> > To give credit where credit is due, it is a fantastic achievement to
> > have a free compiler set that supports so many architectures. So
even
> > if it ain't optimal, I salute them for offering tools for free to
the
> > masses :).
> ...and one that should crosscompile from any to any of the supported
> architectures (though I did not manage to compile one yet).
Should, this word is good choosen. I tried some crosscompiles from Alpha
and Sparc64 to vax, powerpc, sparc, m68k, ... I got really funny errors
from gcc. Coredumps due to SIG11, memory leaks, ... Crosscompiling with
gcc may work well, but only if the build host is a x86 machine.

[1] NetBSD makes crosscompiling easy. A single call to build.sh and it
will (cross)compile a complete release.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen