[rescue] Perverse Question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jun 14 20:30:47 CDT 2003

On Saturday, June 14, 2003, at 08:15 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>    For the LX?  That enables higher resolution (1280x1024 I believe),
>
>> not double buffering.  Or is there an X hack that lets you use the
>> additional FB memory for double buffering?
>
>> From http://www.obsolyte.com/sun_lx/, which claims to be quoting the
> Framebuffer FAQ:
>
> 1024 x  768 @ 77
> 1152 x  900 @ 66  1152 x  900 @ 76
> 1280 x 1024 @ 67  1280 x 1024 @ 76  --  LX with 1Mb VSIMM only
> 1600 x 1280 @ 76
> 1600 x 1280 @ 76                    --  LX with 1Mb VSIMM only

   I stand corrected.  Perhaps it was a limitation in the X server that
wouldn't drive them so high.

   I seem to recall there being an architectural aspect of the GX
processor that limits its use for X acceleration...something to do with
the GX's polygon model differing too much from X's polygon model or
something like that?  Can anyone comment on that?

        -Dave