[rescue] Cross Country shipping

Geoff Koehler koehler at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 10 18:46:48 CDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:40:52 -0700 (PDT)
Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Al Potter <apotter at spankingnuns.com> wrote:
> > The seller has quoted me ~$100 to ship it UPS ground, based on a
> > weight of 115 pounds.
>
> Not bad actually (as other said) - I've shipped Ultra 30 systems to CA
> FedEx Ground for about $20-25, but I think your item's weight has
> exceeded some magic threshold...
>
> > Can anyone suggest a significantly cheaper alternative?

[snip]

Hi All,

Actually, Ive had good luck with good ol' greyhound.  Their rates are good up here in Canada, but of course you need to go drop it off and go pick it up. YMMV.  I dont know what it would be in the US.  Worth a phone call.
--
Cheers,
	Geoff.

 "I sense much NT in you.  NT leads to Blue Screen.  Blue Screen
 leads to downtime.  Downtime leads to suffering.  NT is the path
 to the darkside."        -- Unknown UNIX Jedi