[rescue] Perverse Question

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue Jun 10 16:52:28 CDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> Hm, my laptop is a sun4m... what CFLAGS are recommended for such a machine?
> Given the thing has "only" 110 MHz and runs Debian - it can use some
> optimisation...

You'd want to use "-mcpu=v8".  You an go further and specify
"-mcpu=supersparc" or "-mcpu=hypersparc", but I don't know
which would work properly for the laptop, which I assume
is microsparc or microsparc II...  v8 will issue the missing
instructions, being more specific affects the scheduling of
those instructions, so going incorrectly specific will slow
you down...

--Kurt