[rescue] More bits and pieces

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Jun 10 15:46:45 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:03:42PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 12:47:06PM -0500, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> >
> > A small 68k based lisp machine is something I want to do someday.  A
> > little memory, a simple SCSI interface, premptive-multitasking, and VGA
> > level graphics, except hopefully 24bit.
>
> What!?!?  No microcoded primitives that are then emitted by the
> overlying LISP a la Symbolics?
>
> Otherwise why not get PowerLisp for the Mac and embed co-routines/coop
> threads in it then run it on a LCIII.

It's not at all meant to be practical.  I want something I can point at
and say that I nearly completely made that computer.  And later, perhaps
a second one would be made without the 68k, and a FPGA instead as a lisp
processor.

All a long ways away.  I'm working on virtually no personal projects
currently, other than studying and learning about Deb.