[rescue] More bits and pieces

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Tue Jun 10 13:09:32 CDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:47:06 -0500, "Joshua D. Boyd"
<jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net> wrote:

> Your mision, and you have no choice but to accept it, is to build a
> small maspar machine to run some unix like OS (or, optionally, spin your
> own lisp os) on that equipment.  Purchasing of PCBs, and additionally
> memory is allowed.

Bah, just get me some perf board and wire wrap sockets. Already have two
wrapping tools and lots of wire. As for memory... if I don't have enough
SRAM, I've got some DRAM we can use. The 8202 is a DRAM controller, yes? :)

> ;)
>
> A small 68k based lisp machine is something I want to do someday.  A
> little memory, a simple SCSI interface, premptive-multitasking, and VGA
> level graphics, except hopefully 24bit.

I don't remember what that video chip is capable of, but otherwise, it
seems to me I've got everything here you need. The only other thing you'd
need is a box to put it in. Say, rip the guts out of an old Sun LX and
OUCH! WHO BIT ME?!?!

---
Housework never killed anyone -- but why take the chance?