[rescue] MASPAR

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Jun 10 13:52:33 CDT 2003

Hmmm .....

Right after I quit m,y mailer, the thought occurred to me, "I wonder how
well OCCAM would work as a language for MASPAR machines?"  It was, after
all, developed for the Inmos Transputer, which inherently supported
parallel processing in hardware.

(This really freaked out the generals at the Pentagon, who couldn't
 grasp the idea that the hardware we built around Transputers for NASA
 only needed one hardware interrupt line.  What's to understand?  An
 interrupt comes in, you spawn a new parallel process to handle it,
 the line's free again, end of story...)