[rescue] First steps on "new" rs6000?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Jun 9 19:41:59 CDT 2003

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Robert Novak wrote:
>
> > Wonder if my Raritan Sun adapter would adapt this to work with a Sony
> > 200ES. That would make me so happy. I doubt it though.
>
> If the monitor does SoG, make sure that only the coax "pins" go from
> the monitor to the card.  It should work just fine.

http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/displays/legacy/specs/cpd200es.pdf

	signal inputs
	        sync on green: 0.3Vp-p, negative

Turns out the Sony 200ES does sync-on-green, and I plugged it into a Sun
db13w3-to-hd15 adapter and it works with the gxt card. Yay.

And there was already a 50-to-68 adapter on the scsi chain. Yay again.

And the machine has 512MB of RAM, apparently 2MB of L2 cache. (I see two
1MB L2 cache simms, can't find a command to view this information from the
aix maintenance shell). Yay yet again.

Now I just need to put a scsi disk into the machine and install AIX, so I
can do something other than 'lsattr' :)

Thanks to jp for the advice and help. More news when it happens.

BTW, looks like the iMac I rescued at the same time has no cpu or battery
or ram or disks, so it may be sold for parts. I don't know that it's worth
hunting for the missing bits. Rev C strawberry iMac, no evidence of
missing magic smoke. Whee.

Rob

Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com