[rescue] First steps on "new" rs6000?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jun 9 17:49:02 CDT 2003

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Robert Novak wrote:

> Not getting anything on Serial A with a null modem (laplink) cable going
> into my nearby laptop. It went through the POST codes (once I got the
> memory board reseated and got rid of the 888 BIST error), and went through
> a couple of "trying to load IPL from" codes and now sits smugly at 262,
> which seems to be the no-keyboard-detected code.

I had this problem with a 250.  The problem was the null-modem adapter.
Older RS/6000s are VERY picky about that sort of thing.  You might just
want to try tossing a head on it.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren