[rescue] Ido Dubrawsky is famous

Ido Dubrawsky ido at dubrawsky.org
Mon Jun 9 08:57:30 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 12:00:25AM -0500, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
> Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 19:07:07 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Ido Dubrawsky is famous
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>
> Ido, I'm curious, how many books would rescuers need to buy to put $1
> in *your* pocket? Just curious about the realities of book
> authorship... I assume the bulk of any monies you will see were in an
> advance/flat fee for services...
>
> If you don't mind, a glimpse into the realities would be
> enlightening...
>
> Thanks,

Lionel,

  I think it would have to be alot of books because everything that I have
written up until now has been a flat fee for service agreement.  I don't see
any royalties or advances because of the nature of the way I've done my
writing.  Now, that will be different once the book I wrote for Cisco Press
comes out in December...for that work I will get 50% of the royalties (I was
the lead co-author on that work).  I'm getting tired of the flat-fee for
service deals...sometimes they're more headache than they are worth.

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky               			E-mail:  ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect				idubraws at cisco.com
dubrawsky.org