[rescue] Ido Dubrawsky is famous

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Jun 9 02:41:40 CDT 2003

I don't recall if Panic! was written on their own time, or on Sun's time.

I knew (well, still know somewhat :-) ) Chris Drake who is a coauthor
on that book... I never did ask him details as to if it was done on
Sun's time or his own time, and how profitable/not it was to do if it
was on his own time.

I coauthored/edited/wrote for 4 chapters in a Linux book, and I think I
received about $2500... no royalties... one time payment.

I did it for the experience...  I hope to do it again someday... although
I think I'd like to do an entire book... I just haven't found an interesting
and worthy enough topic...

-- Curt