[rescue] Perverse Question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 20:58:25 CDT 2003

--- Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez <lefa at ucsc.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> > On Sunday 08 June 2003 17:27, Al Potter wrote:
> > > cpus, power consumption figures quoted below, but figure that
> some of them
> > > are designed to run with no heat sink on the CPU.....
> >
> > Passive cooling != no heat sink, for the record
> > passive cooling  no fans on the heatsink ;-)
>
> Says who?

Frank does ;^)

> a heat sink is still a passive element, doesn't require
> energy transformation to dissipate heat. Hence the term
> passive or Passive since when capitalization of a word
> changes its meaning?

I think you two agree, Frank's issue was the presence of a fan in a
"passive" design. Frank said Passive cooling == heat sink without fan,
exactly what Francisco seemed to be saying as well...

Just because Al Potter was involved doesn't mean we *have to* agrue,
does it? (kidding ;^)

=====
Lionel