[rescue] Rober Novak is famous

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Jun 8 15:35:16 CDT 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> I assume he is not our very own Mr. Novak, but I found it funny that his
> name (or more specifically someone named just like him) appears in a
> slashdot story.
>
> You are famous now dude...

I feel like Arthur Dent, in that you've left the 't' out...

But I've been famous long before that. You've not seen my alternate
identity on CNN? I've been hearing jokes about being him since I was about
9 (and obviously not a columnist for the Chicago Sun Times at the time).
And I still get clueless emails to my personal domain and to my
11-year-old public access account intended to berate or adore the
shorter-haired Mr Novak.

What was really fun was working in Sun's corporate domain when yet another
Robert Novak came back to work for Sun after a stint with MIPS. He was
product marketing manager for the Ultra 1 at the time, I think, and I was
a corporate sysadmin. And *I* had "rnovak" so he had to use a variant.

But no, I am not the petswarehouse Robert Novak or the CNN/Sun Times
Robert Novak or the Sun Management Robert Novak.

Rob