[rescue] OS X and dual CPU machines?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jun 8 14:46:20 CDT 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Michael Schiller wrote:

> I've been wondering, would OS X run better on a dual G4 500mhz machine
> with 1mb cache per CPU, than on an 800mhz iMac with a single G4 CPU
> with only 256k cache?

Probably.  However, it'd probably run better on a single G4 500MHz w/
1MB cache than it would on a single G4 800MHz w/ 256KB cache.  Cache
trumps clock rate by a surprising amount for stuff that isn't flat-out
CPU bound.

Just don't call it a 1GHz Macintosh, or we'll have to smack you. ;)

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren