[rescue] Perverse Question

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Jun 7 22:34:22 CDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 01:32:09PM -0400, Donald McClure wrote:

> On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 12:23  PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> >This only delays the inevitable.
> >
> >I got tons of spam on an account whose address was never used.
> >
> >Had to kill it before even getting to use it.
> >
> >And no, it was never used before either: brand new system and domain.
> >
> >SPAM is simply out of control now.
> >
> I hear this all the time. But I get hundreds of emails every day on
> this .mac address, but maybe spammed once a week. What's up with that?

I don't know.

A friend of mine just started getting spam last week, after years on the
net.  Never visits any websites and gives away his address, but he
still got spammed.

A lot of spam I get is not targeted at me.

It will have 2-N addresses, all starting with the user portion of my
address, and a lot of domains.  Like this:

...and so on.  It's the email equivalent to carpet bombing.